Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Does the idea of keeping your professional world shiny excite you? Then we want to talk to you.
We're making the familiar dishes with utmost focus on quality that stems from sourcing, preparation from scratch, and execution during service. We're firmly rooted in blue-collar food traditions and just want to make the best versions of known menu items, such as roasts, pizza, sausages, and inventive flavorful small plates. We serve beer, wine, and cider through 35 taps, and serve craft cocktails inspired by the old classics. Our in house bakery makes everything from scratch including: hamburger buns, sandwich rolls, high hydration breads, pretzels, pizza dough, pies, tarts, cookies, plated pastries, jams and jellies, cocktail syrups, biscuits, scones, cinnamon rolls, and more!
To make all this happen, we employ people who care about the process as much as the end result, and who work well independently and on a team. We are happy to train the right person with a positive attitude towards learning.
We are always accepting resumes. Even if the position you are interested in is not listed below, feel free to submit your resume and we will keep it on hand for when a position opens up.
Current open positions:
• Working with minimal supervision
• Sous chef or supervisory experience in a high volume medium size restaurant
• Thorough understanding of every menu component and how they are prepared
• Placing vendor orders
• Calling tickets
• Being a BOH supervisor
• Excellent knife skills
• Thorough understanding of cooking methods
• Sanitation chemicals
• Basic operation of an organized and an efficient dish pit
• Dish machines
• Basic knife skills to assist in daily prep
• Experience in a medium size high volume restaurant
- Read and prepare recipes to mix a variety of bread doughs including lean, enriched, and high hydration
- Read and prepare recipes to mix a variety of pastries including cookies, pie dough, biscuits, scones, and more
- Cut and shape a variety of doughs into a variety of different traditional shapes
- Prepare all components for plated desserts including tarts and pies, syrups, creams, and custards
- Communicate constantly and effectively with manager, coworkers, and other departments in the restaurant
- Operate large equipment safety including deck ovens, rotating rack oven, large mixer
- Work efficiently and effectively at a fast pace
- Work independently within a team, working towards a shared goal
- Communicate constantly with the team and management
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, a current resume, the position you are interested in, and a few sentences on why you would like to work at Ol' Republic Roadhouse.